I'm currently pursuing a Ph.D. at UCLA Computer Sicence,
co-adviced by Prof. Demetri
Terzopoulos and Prof. Chenfanfu Jiang.
My research interests focus on high performance computing and physics-based simulation.
Before that I worked at VCLA, studing physical commonsense and cognitive simulation.
I am now a Ph.D. candidate in Computer Science at University of California, Los Angeles. Before that I received M.S. and B.Eng. in Computer Science from Beihang University.
Sep 2021 - Present • University of California, Los Angeles.
• Research Interest: Physics-based Simulation for Computer Graphics • Adviser: Prof. Demetri Terzopoulos and Prof. Chenfanfu Jiang • Focus Areas: Physics-based simulation; High performance computing
Jun 2021 - Sep 2021 • Adobe Research.
• Project: Fast Fluid Sculpting • Mentor: Jui-Hsien Wang, Danny Kaufman, Jérémie Dumas, Timothy Langlois
Sep 2018 - Jun 2021 • Center of Vision, Cognition, Learning, and Autonomy at University of California, Los Angeles.
• Research Interest: Physics-based Simulation for Computer Graphics and Cognitive Science • Adviser: Prof. Song-Chun Zhu • Focus Areas: Physics-based HPC-oriented Simulation, Simulation in VR, Cognitive Mechanism for Mental Simulation
• Research Interest: Physics-based Simulation for Computer Graphicse • Adviser: Prof. Chenfanfu Jiang • Focus Areas: Material Point Method, HPC-oriented Multi-GPU based Multi-physics Simulation (Elasticity and Plasticity)
Jul 2018 - Aug 2018 • Media Computing and Intelligent Systems Lab at BIT, Beijing, China.
• Cognitive analysis of containers • Liquid transfer by Unreal+Flex
Jun 2014 - Apr 2018 • State Key Lab of VR at Beihang University, Beijing, China.
• Project 1: 3D Reconstruction of Fluid Scene Driven by Fluid Video and Spatiotemporal Vectorization of Fluid Surface • Project 2: FLIP Fluid Detail Enhancement • Project 3: A Chest X-ray Rib Detecting Method based on Random Forest Regression • Project 4: Computer vision project (generation of cylindrical panorama; image alignment and edge detection)
May 2017 - Jun 2017 • DiDi Chuxing (Chinese Uber), Beijing, China.
• Researched and implemented Autopilot algorithms • Improved code quality of Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) in Voyager team
Sep 2020 - Present, University of California, Los Angeles, United States.
Sep 2015 - Feb 2016, Beihang University, Beijing, China.
• Data Structure
Xinlei Wang*, Yuxing Qiu*(equal contributions), Stuart R. Slattery, Yu Fang, Minchen Li, Song-Chun Zhu, Yixin Zhu, Min Tang, Dinesh Manocha, Chenfanfu Jiang ACM Transactions on Graphics (SIGGRAPH), 2020
Xu Xie, Hangxin Liu, Zhenliang Zhang, Yuxing Qiu, Feng Gao, Siyuan Qi, Yixin Zhu, Song-Chun Zhu ACM Turing Celebration Conference (ACM TURC), 2019
Yuxing Qiu, Lipeng Yang, Shuai Li, Qing Xia, Hong Qin, and Aimin Hao Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, 2016, doi:10.1002/cav.1741
Shuai Li, Yang Gao, Yuxing Qiu, and Y. Yang Chinese patent: CN110335275A, 2019 Master thesis; Mentor: S. Li; Equally uninvolved: Y. Gao and Y. Yang
Shuai Li, Yuxing Qiu, Aimin Hao, Hong Qin, and Qinping Zhao Chinese patent: CN105389589A[P], 2016